Feb 11 2016
The YaJagoff Podcast | Valentine’s Day Advice and Monster Trucks
February 9, 2016
#YaJagoffPodcast – A Podcast all about Pittsburgh
There are a lot of podcasts, or PAWDcasts as you might say in Pittsburghese, but none this focused on what’s happening in Pittsburgh. Co-hosts John Chamberlin and Craig Tumas talk with guests about food, entertainment, current events and, of course, Jagoffs! This weekly podcast is based on the Pittsburgh humor blog, YaJagoff.com.
LISTEN to the Podcast show right here below or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
If you don’t see the player bar below, click HERE
Episode 8 line-up:
- 00:50 Opening, John and Craig talk about where to get the YaJagoff drink in Pittsburgh’s Market Square and then we take some phone messages from the Jagoff Message line
- 04:53 John Knight lost a Super Bowl bet. He is reporting from the Strip District in a terrible Cupid outfit
- 06:16 Tasha or Tori Segment. This episode, we have Amanda Narcisi (Bold Pittsburgh) representing The Food Tasters. What to do for Valentine’s Day special meals and stuff:
- Go out Sunday night… not Saturday!
- Montana’s Rib & Chop House in Southpointe Town Center
- Giveaway for a “Dinner for Two” at The Food Tasters running now through Thursday, February 11th at 8pm
- Vallozzi’s, Downtown
- Monterey Bay / Sakari (sushi lounge)
- Nakama Sushi
- NOLA on the Square
- In Bed by Ten Dance Party
- 14:51 John Knight checks in again from the Strip District (Yikes)
- 15:43 P-G Seen and Advice Columnist, Natalie Bencivenga
- Natalie gets to attend all of the cool gigs in Pittsburgh
- Any juicy advice stories to share?
- Somehow we end up with panties and KitKats from a vending machine
- Valentine’s Day Tips and Fails
- 24:49 Monster Jam is coming to Consol Energy Center! We talked with Zane Rettew, Rettew Motorsports, driver of Stinger
- Standard question: How did he get started as a Monster Truck driver?
- Non-Standard answer: His first rollover experience was when he was 8 years old
- He built his first Monster Truck with his wife?
- How much horsepower does Stinger have compared to a standard 18-Wheeler?
- Can we use his truck at the Squirrel Hill Tunnel entrance to attack the Tunnel Monster?
- How the competition works?
- His pitch to come see him as a fellow Pennsylvanian!
- Thanks to Markowitz Communications and Feld Entertainment
- 34:48 John and Craig wrap-up.
- Where you can find the YaJagoff drink in Market Square. Go get one!
- We stuffed our faces with unbelievable food and drinks from Il Pizzaiolo. Wood-fired pizza and hand shaved prosciutto are all part of their new brunch menu! We know that it’s uncool to give a thumbs-up sign, but, we were so excited we gave it 29 thumbs up!
- 38:35 John Knight final check-in. His situation gets worse.
Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at YaJagoff.com
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- John Knight @JKnight841
- Jim Amato @JimAmato01
- Bold Pittsburgh @BoldPgh
- Il Pizzaiolo Market Squire @IlPizzaioloMS
- Montanna Rib and Chop- Southpointe @MRCHSouthpointe
- Natalie Bencivenga @NBSeen
- Sorgatron Media @SorgatronMedia
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
How to Listen Regularly: – All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network