Apr 7 2016
#YaJagoffPodcast | A Podcast all about Pittsburgh
If you don’t see the player bar below, LISTEN to the Podcast show right here or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
Episode 15 Show Notes: “The Substitute Episode”
00:54 Opening… John and…… hmmm…. Tasha??? We have substitutes all around the studio on this episode
- Don’t forget, we have a YaJagoff Comedy Show coming up at the Arcade Comedy Theater, April 8th, 8pm. BYOB!
- Since this week is opening week of Major League Baseball, we ask everyone, what would their “Sports Nickname” be?
05:05 We play Tasha or Tori and we get…. TERRI??? Terri Dowd sits in to review her visit with Tasha to Revel and Roost near Market Square, Downtown Pittsburgh
- The first floor is “revel,” i.e, get crazy
- The second floor is Roost, which is a little more formal dining.
- Bacon, scallops, bacon wrapped AROUND scallops + dessert!
- What was/would be Terri’s sports nickname?
- Follow Terry at her blog, The Parmesan Princess and her YouTube Channel “Between the Eats”
14:15 Part 1 of our interview with the Mayor of Braddock, PA and candidate for Pennsylvania U.S. Senator, John Fetterman
- We hung out in John’s living room and he couldn’t have been more genuine and kind. Even when one of Craig’s kids fell and hurt is knee! Helped us talk about healthcare!
- We talked about what he thinks, his private life and how he’s continuously energized, vs. tiring out, on the campaign trail
- Find out more about John Fetterman on www.johnfetterman.com
- Chef John is subbing in for Chef Dan who is teaming up with John and Mangino to cook Greens and Beans for the HairPeace Charities, Recipe for Hope event, April 9th.
- We talk about Greens and Beans and give TRUE Pittsburgh directions on how to find Legends restaurant… (Like where the ____ USED to be)
- Is Chef Dan nervous about cooking with Mangino and I?
- What is “Tweezer Fine” for chefs???? You know it but you probably don’t realize it!
- What are Chef John’s and Mangino’s nicknames?
- Get tickets and info on HairPeace.org
38:20 Wrap-up! Everyone wraps up with John and Tasha….it’s a group hug and group close
- What were/are Tasha and John’s sports nicknames?
- Mangino applies his investigative reporter skills and gets Tasha to reveal a high school secret!
- Our trip to TJ’s Pub in Forest Hills?
- They have a Yinzer Burger!!!!! They also have wings, beer, meatloaf, and homemade pierogi
- Every Tuesday, follow them on Twitter for their weekly wing sauce announcement. @TJsPub7
- Go find Chef Bill (the younger one) and say, “I want a yinzer burger, YaJagoff!” We promise that he will not punch you!
Follow the blog for the “Things That Turn People Into Jagoffs” bracket!
Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com
VIEW: YaJagoff Podcast | Ep.015 Full Facebook Photo Album
VIEW BELOW: Behind-the-Scenes PhotoGram
- Photo Credits: The FoodTasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Production: Frank Murgia and Wayne Weil
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- TJ’s Pub (Forest Hills) @TJsPub7
- Parmesan Princess @FreshGratedParm
- Between the Eats @Between_TheEats
- Robert Mangino @ManginoOnKDKA
- Legends of the North Shore @LegendsPgh
- Chef Dan from Legends of the North Shore @ChefDan1
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
How to Listen Regularly: – All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network