Mar 9 2016
#YaJagoffPodcast | A Podcast all about Pittsburgh
If you don’t see the player bar below, LISTEN to the Podcast show right here or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
- 1:13 John welcomes guest co-host Jackie Cain, WTAE-TV
- Jackie Cain just took on a new role at WTAE, co-anchoring a 7pm newscast
- 4:40 Craig Tumas calls in to see if we’re doing a podcast this week
- 5:45 John Knight live from the Squirrel Hill Tunnel; he’s on a mission to get drivers to stop slowing down
- 6:48 Tasha or Tori Segment. This episode, Tasha from The Food Tasters
- This week, the Omni William Penn Hotel is celebrating its 100th Birthday
- Wednesday, March 9th, 11:30 am, Lobby Centennial Celebration, 5-ft tall birthday cake made by Prantl’s Bakery and students from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
- Thursday, March 10th, fashion show that Tori Mistick talked about on last week’s podcast
- Friday, March 11th, 6-8 pm, Dinner in The Terrace Room – Featuring items from the Terrace Room’s 100-year history. Seating is limited. Reservations: (412) 553-5235
- Stone House Inn & Restaurant – Giveaway on www.thefoodtasters.com <http://www.thefoodtasters.com> !
- Enter to win (2) tickets for the March 11th 5-course Wine Dinner featuring Pittsburgh Winery plus a one-night stay at the Inn following the Wine Dinner.
- Giveaway runs now through Thursday, March 10th at 11pm EST.
- Call (724-329-8876) to reserve Wine Dinner tickets for March 11th. Use “The Food Tasters” discount code and receive: 10% off Wine Dinner Tickets OR 20% off of Wine Dinner tickets AND an overnight stay at the Inn following the wine dinner.
- Monday, March 14th, 9pm, The Summit – “Chopped“-style Bartender’s Cocktail Competition. The judges are the owners of Pittsburgh Winery, Thistle Finch Distillery and CJ Spirits!
- 14:41 John Knight live again from the Squirrel Hill Tunnel
- 15:33 Kim Lyons, “Jag’n the News”
- A new segment! Kim Lyons of Next Pittsburgh came in to test us on our Pittsburgh business knowledge.
- How many of the answers will you get correct? ONE HINT: Cathy
- 27:20 St. Patrick’s Day Parade Discussion
- We have Rich O’Malley (St. Patrick from the parade) and Tim O’Brien, O’Brien Communications, give us details of the Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Is this the biggest parade?
- How many “sins” has St. Patrick absolved during the parade each year?
- 36:50 Last check-in with John Knight from the Squirrel Hill Tunnel
- 38:20 John and Jackie close up shop. Where will we find Jackie Cain now on WTAE?
- And where did we eat last week thanks to the The Food Tasters and Pennsylvania Libations?
- Nine on Nine, located in Downtown Pittsburgh’s Cultural District
- 900 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15222 – corner of Penn Ave & 9th St
- Facebook: Nine On Nine
- Beginning Sunday, March 27th, Nine on Nine will Kickoff a Special Easter Brunch and will feature Brunch every
- Sunday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Go tell Todd (Ramnanan) – Assistant General Manager and Chef Lee we sent ya!
- 40:10 Craig Tumas calls in again to see if we’re gonna record a podcast!
Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
- Photo Credits: The FoodTasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- On-site Production: Frank Murgia, Jim Amato, Sorgatron Media and Wayne Weil
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- John Knight @JKnight841
- Jim Amato @JimAmato01
- Jackie Cain @JackieCainTV
- Kim Lyons @SocialKimLy
- Next Pittsburgh @NextPittsburgh
- Pennsylvania Libations @PennLibations
- The Summit @TheSummitPGH
- Tim O’Brien @OBrienPR
- The Stone House Inn @TheStoneHouse
- Nine on Nine @NineOnNinePgh
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
How to Listen Regularly:
– All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network