May 24 2016
#YaJagoffPodcast / Episode #022
So many things going on, a big Pittsburgh Magazine restaurant event and the famous 3 Rivers Arts Festival. But, it always rain on the Arts Festival, so much so, that you can plan your planting around it! So we have Hal B. Klein from Pittsburgh Magazine, Sarah Aziz from the Cultural Trust and hilarious WTAE Meteorologist Ray Petelin. On top of that, everyone talks about failed science projects.
VIEW: YaJagoff Podcast | Ep.022 Promo Video
If you don’t see the player bar below, click HERE to listen while you work!
LISTEN to the Podcast show right below or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
Episode 22 Show Notes: “Raining on the Arts Festival”
- 00:45 We have a roomful of people for this podcast. Craig’s boys are doing baseball and failed science projects… something other than the standard baking soda volcano.
- 07:10 Hal B. Klein, Pittsburgh Magazine Associate Editor is on the phone from California, about the Pittsburgh’s Best Restaurants Party at Heinz Field, June 6th.
- Use the code PARTY to get a discount on your event tickets.
- Does Hal have a failed science project story?
- 16:40 The 3 Rivers Arts Festival is coming, June 3rd -12th. Sarah Aziz, from the Cultural Trust, goes over the event highlights and, probably, has the best (spoiler alert) failed science project story.
- 27:03 We pit Sarah against WTAE-TV meteorologist, Ray Petelin. We ask why it rains on every Arts Festival. He actually brought stats – festival weather stats!!!!! And, of course, he has a failed science project!
- 42:10 Wrap-up but nobody wants to go home! Sara doesn’t have a ride and Ray likes us (we think).
- Our buds, The Food Tasters , pay homage to TJs Pub, Wilk’s Eats and Montana’s Rib and Chop House for support during #NationalBurgerMonth.
How to Listen Regularly:
– All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud, Google Play Music or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network
Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com
VIEW: Behind-the-scenes MovieMix:
VIEW: YaJagoff Podcast | Full Facebook Photo Album
- Photo Credits: The Food Tasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Production: Frank Murgia and Wayne Weil
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
- The Podcast @YaJagoffPodcast
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- John Knight @JKnight841
- Hal B. Klein @ThisMansKitchen
- Pittsburgh Magazine @PittsburghMag
- 3 Rivers Arts Festival @3RiversArtsFest
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust @CulturalTrust
- Sarah Aziz @smaziz
- Ray Petelin, WTAE-TV @WTAE_Ray
- Wilk’s Eats @WilksEats
- TJ’s Pub @TJsPub7
- Montana’s Rib and Chop House @MRCHSouthpointe
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters